Vladimir Kratky, MD FRCSC DABO
Vladimir Kratky, BSc MD FRCSC DABO
Associate Professor of Ophthalmology
Director, Ophthalmic Plastic and Orbital Surgery
Queen's University, Kingston, ON Canada
Dr. V. Kratky, is an ophthalmologist, with fellowship training in the sub-specialty of Ophthalmic Plastic Surgery. He is a member of ASOPRS (American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery), CSOPS (Canadian Society of Oculoplastic Surgery) and ESOPRS (European Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery).
The sub-specialty of Ophthalmic Plastic Surgery (Oculoplastics, EyePlastics) involves surgery of the peri-ocular area of the face: eyelids, eyebrows, tear duct and the orbit (eye socket). Dr. Kratky undertook his fellowship training at the University of Toronto, which is the only ASOPRS approved program in Canada, under the tutelage of six ophthalmic plastic surgeons, including Drs. Jeffrey J. Hurwitz, Jack Crawford and Martin Kazdan.
His offices are Hotel Dieu Hospital in Kingston, Ontario, Canada and he also has privileges at the Kingston General Hospital, St. Mary’s of the Lake Hospital and Lennox & Addington General Hospital in Southeastern Ontario.
His practice is limited to Ophthalmic Plastic Surgery and new patients are seen by referral only. He holds an academic position of Associate Professor of Ophthalmology and is the Director of the Ophthalmic Plastic and Orbital Surgery service at Queen’s University in Kingston, Canada.
MEMBERSHIPS & CERTIFICATION
- CSOPS (Canadian Society of Oculoplastic Surgery, of which he is a past-president)
- ASOPRS (American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery)
- ESOPRS (European Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery)
- FRCSC (Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Canada)
- DipABO (Diplomate of the American Board of Ophthalmology)
- Dr. Kratky attended the University of Ottawa, in Canada, where he obtained a BSc (Hon) undergraduate degree. This was followed by medical school training at the same university, graduating with an MD degree (cum laude). He then undertook an internship (in medicine/surgery), at the Toronto General Hospital in Toronto, Ontario, after which he enrolled in a residency in Ophthalmology at the University of Toronto. He completed his postgraduate training by an extended fellowship in Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery also at the University of Toronto and McMaster University in Hamilton. Since then he has been on the faculty of Queen’s University (Kingston, Canada) medical school where he holds the academic rank of Associate Professor of Ophthalmology.
- He is the director of Ophthalmic Plastic and Orbital Surgery at the same university and is a past-president and current member of the advisory board for the Canadian Society of Oculoplastic Surgery (CSOPS). Dr. Kratky has published numerous scientific papers and is a frequent speaker at conferences, both nationally and internationally. His practice is fully devoted and limited to Ophthalmic Plastic Surgery and he is well qualified to perform both cosmetic and non-cosmetic procedures on the eyelids, lacrimal system and the orbit. He is also a past president of the Medical Staff Association of Kingston hospitals.
Hotel Dieu Hospital
166 Brock Street - Johnson 6 Clinic
Kingston, Ontario, Canada